1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

colour problems-please help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by casey1061, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. casey1061

casey1061 Thread Starter

Ok, so for some reason unknown to me the colour on my pc has gone all funny. Not sure how to explain it but the colours are all wrong and it's hurting my eyes cause I can't fix it LOL Please help! I have tried looking for something that came unplugged, nothing. I've tried restarting twice, I've checked my settings nothing is different.
    Thanks!

2. Sponsor

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Under the display settings, what is the colour quality and display resolution set to?

It sounds as though the graphics drivers have become corrupted and need reloading.

4. casey1061

casey1061 Thread Starter

The settings have not changed, they are at medium 16 bit, 800by600 pixels.
    What should I do?

5. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

I think you should start by telling us what the monitor is (make and model).

At 800 x 600, 16 bit it sounds like we are dealing with some quite old hardware here?

6. casey1061

casey1061 Thread Starter

It is a new LG flat screen monitor. I took it off and hooked up a different monitor and the colour is fine so it's not my pc or any settings it is the monitor itself, just hoping I can find the warrenty at this point. It was only purchased in December.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592241