COM port

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

thegooddale

How can I find out which program is using one of my COM ports? I'm using XP Home SP1.

Thanks.

Try running MSINFO32. It shows lots of data about your PC. Check the ports and running items. You may also want to try running MSCONFIG. Select the Start-up tab and uncheck the Non Microsoft items and reboot to see if the COM port is free. You can reverse the process to re-check the Start-up items you want.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online