1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Combinding memory?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TheSculptor, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSculptor

TheSculptor Thread Starter

HI, I have a Net Vista 8306/XP Home Ed./P-4/2.40GHz/512MB/2078MB/40GB Computer. I would like to upgrade the memory. I just bought a PNY 1GB PC3200/PC2700/PC2100. I was told to just remove one of the 256MB modules and install the 1GB module. By doing this how will it effect the speed, will it give me more memory, or should I just install the 1BG on its own? Thanks for your help.

2. Septerra

Septerra

RAM shouldn't be mixed because of the clock speed, latency and other issues.

If your other RAM is slower then the PNY, then you need to put the slower RAM first and your PNY on the last RAM slot.

3. stantley

stantley

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537916

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice