1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

combine two sheets with condition

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by deep1780, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. deep1780

deep1780 Thread Starter

i want a vba code for combining sheets
    with condition
    sheet1 :
    column a = 101 , 102 , 105, 108 , 115
    column b = 5, 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
    sheet2 :
    column a = 101 , 102 , 103 , 104 , 105 , 106 , 107 , 108 , 109 ..........
    column b = 10 , 20 , 30 , 40 , 20 , 35 , 30 , 15 , 0 .........
    ans could be :
    column b = (10+5)15 , (20+2)22 , 30 , 40 , (20+3)23 , 35 , 30 , 15 , (0+5)5 .........

2. scotty718

scotty718

Welcome to the board, deep1780.

Unfortunately, your description is not very clear. Can you provide a spreadsheet example with a before and after scenario. So, maybe two sheets that you start with, and third sheet that has the result you wish to end up with?

I, or someone else, will be able to help you much better this way.

3. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

You could add a third column on either one of the sheets to add those numbers together if you'd like. Assuming you are using Sheet2 as your final sheet (assuming you want to delete Sheet1), in C1 add the formula:

Code:
    =sumif(Sheet1!A:A,A1,Sheet1!B:B)+B1
    This assumes you have no headers. If you have headers, start your formula in C2 and amend the two cell references in the formula accordingly (i.e. A1 becomes A2, B1 becomes B2).

Copy the formula down. Select the cell with the formula in it (assuming you've already entered it and confirmed it), hover over the bottom right corner until your cursor turns to a bold plus sign ( + ) and double click. Select column C, press Ctrl + C, then press Alt + E, then S, then V, then Enter. (This pastes special as values.)

Let us know if this helps.

HTH

4. deep1780

deep1780 Thread Starter

in this workbook i did
    on invoice sheet
    when i enter product code in form "frmmakinginvoice" via clicking "add product"
    nd then quantity of product in textbox2,,,
    then with pressing
    quantity on dpw sheet (column "stock") will be less
    but actualy i want stock less after making invoice with pressing "save" on "frmmakinginvoice"

Attached Files:

5. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Uh, ok. So this is a bit more than you explained. So you want to run what goes when you click the "OK" button when you click the "SAVE" button? If so, in your save button just call that routine...
    Code:
     Call CommandButton1_Click
    Other than that, I'm not entirely sure what you mean. If you would like something else, please define what it is you want a little more. The more details you give, the better shot you'll get at having a solution.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030044

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice