Combining External and Internal storage

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mikinyuu

Screenshot_2018-08-31-02-19-26.png Screenshot_2018-08-31-02-20-15.png I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 Active and I am trying to combine my internal and external storage. I googled how to do so, and it's a rrally simple process, and the layout of the phone in the instructions and the layout of my phone are similar. However, I don't see the buttons it's telling me I need to press to do, what is supposed to be, this simple task. I am using a SanDisk Ultra Plus 64 GB sd card if that helps.

Triple6

Rob
EDIT:. OK I see the screenshots and see what you are trying to do.

What version of Android are you running?

Adaptable Storage has been removed in the newer versions. You can force it to be enabled but I'd personally go a different route.

It's better just to use it as additional storage. You can use an SD card as the default storage for media files: https://www.ubergizmo.com/how-to/sd-card-photo-storage-android/

Last edited:

Mikinyuu

EDIT:. OK I see the screenshots and see what you are trying to do.

What version of Android are you running?

Adaptable Storage has been removed in the newer versions. You can force it to be enabled but I'd personally go a different route.

It's better just to use it as additional storage. You can use an SD card as the default storage for media files: https://www.ubergizmo.com/how-to/sd-card-photo-storage-android/
[Re:] How do I check which version of Android I'm running?

Triple6

Rob
Go to Settings, then to About Phone, and then Software Information.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online