Combo Box Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KarateJ

Ok, the best way I can explain what I'm trying to do is to give an example, so here goes:

In the first combo box I have the fields: Chocalate, Cookies, and Cakes

Now, in the combo box beneath it I would like to have it automatically come up with a value for whatever I selected in the first combo box. Like if I selected in the first combo box:Chocalate, then in the 2nd combo box I'd like to set it up so I can select from:White Chocalate, Fudge, ect.

I hope this makes sense.

And if anybody can help me, I'd apprectiate it. :)

You should be able to use the combo boxes for anything.
first, you need to have a table with those options you want listed
Then you can set up your combo box with those choices.
As for setting it up so that it will give you certain options depending on what you chose in the first box, I would think you can do that by going to the properties of the combo box (in design view) selecting the data tab and (don't hold me to it here) but set something up snder the validation rule. Worst case is to use the help function until you get close to what you want it to do.
I'm no expert, but I have done alot with Access just from using the help function....the trick is to put the right words in there to get the results you want from the search.

Hope that helps a little.

Good luck

I just have a suggestion to all the TSG Members. If there is a thread on MS-Office problem and Dreamboat has started posting there, just leave the thread, you are not required. She is too good and will surely solve it before you can blink an eye-lid.

Hi Dreamboat!! Hats off to your MS-Office knowledge!! :D

Anne Troy

Anne
lmao!!!

Okay AbvAvgUser, I will send you bribe money (for saying such nice things) tomorrow!

:D

:D :D Well this big smile icon may look stupid but I mean what I said. I am a member at these forums since a few months and this is what I have experinced. You have many times snetched away from me the pleasure of solving a problem by being there first and also by doing it more efficiently.

Anne Troy

Anne
Tech Support Guy: 6,093 posts
Other sites: 10,000 posts (low estimate)
Past job: 30,000 support phone calls

Hmm....
:D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online