1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Combo Box Help

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by KarateJ, Feb 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KarateJ

KarateJ Thread Starter

Ok, the best way I can explain what I'm trying to do is to give an example, so here goes:

In the first combo box I have the fields: Chocalate, Cookies, and Cakes

Now, in the combo box beneath it I would like to have it automatically come up with a value for whatever I selected in the first combo box. Like if I selected in the first combo box:Chocalate, then in the 2nd combo box I'd like to set it up so I can select from:White Chocalate, Fudge, ect.

I hope this makes sense.

And if anybody can help me, I'd apprectiate it. :)

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
  3. PaveFE

PaveFE

You should be able to use the combo boxes for anything.
    first, you need to have a table with those options you want listed
    Then you can set up your combo box with those choices.
    As for setting it up so that it will give you certain options depending on what you chose in the first box, I would think you can do that by going to the properties of the combo box (in design view) selecting the data tab and (don't hold me to it here) but set something up snder the validation rule. Worst case is to use the help function until you get close to what you want it to do.
    I'm no expert, but I have done alot with Access just from using the help function....the trick is to put the right words in there to get the results you want from the search.

Hope that helps a little.

Good luck

4. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

I just have a suggestion to all the TSG Members. If there is a thread on MS-Office problem and Dreamboat has started posting there, just leave the thread, you are not required. She is too good and will surely solve it before you can blink an eye-lid.

Hi Dreamboat!! Hats off to your MS-Office knowledge!! :D

5. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    lmao!!!

Okay AbvAvgUser, I will send you bribe money (for saying such nice things) tomorrow!

:D

6. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

:D :D Well this big smile icon may look stupid but I mean what I said. I am a member at these forums since a few months and this is what I have experinced. You have many times snetched away from me the pleasure of solving a problem by being there first and also by doing it more efficiently.

7. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Tech Support Guy: 6,093 posts
    Other sites: 10,000 posts (low estimate)
    Past job: 30,000 support phone calls

Hmm....
    :D

8. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

9. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
  10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118084

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice