combo box in form

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wdisneymom

I made a combo box on a form of Titles of employees
I have a query of Titles of Employees
I know how to put a control box on the form but I can't seem to get it to open that particular query
Can you help

Rather than dragging a new combo box (from the Toolbox toolbar) onto your form and then trying to assign the field to it, drag the field itself from your Field List (on the Form Design toolbar).

The Field List button looks like the attached.
If when you've dragged it to your form it looks like a Text Box, right-click, Change To... > Combo Box.

HTH

Gram

Attachments

wdisneymom

Is my problem that I have 2 combo boxex on the same form?? I have a control button that opens a report when I have a particular item selected in the combo box...I'm trying to get the same thing for the other combo box

Is this a criteria selection form you are talking about? In which case the combo box you are using is unbound to any controls from a table or query. If you place the unbound combo box in the forum using the wizard, just make sure it looks up the values from a table or query, choose query, and then choose the query you want it to look up from. Or, if not using the wizard, just click the little arrow beside "row source" and scroll down until you find the query you want.
As for having 2 combo boxes on the same form, it shouldnt be a problem unless the macros that drive them are not set up properly. Make sure there are separate control buttons for each box-- unless the 2 boxes are meant to define a range of data, such as a beginning and ending date, in which case one button would suffice for both.

wdisneymom

the selection is the "title" of each employee (suervisor, porter etc) and the titles come from a table of the titles...I used the wizard and it still makes me type in the title

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online