1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Combo Box not workiing when others open Access

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by JacklynKy, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JacklynKy

JacklynKy Thread Starter

Hello,

I have combo boxes set up in a form to autopopulate information in other text boxes in the form. It works perfectly on my computer. However, when a co-worker opens the same database, the information will not autopopulate. We close it, come back to my desktop and it works just fine. We have the same version of Access.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

2. OBP

OBP

Which version of Access are you working with?
    In what way is the Combo "not working"?
    Are you using VBA code to populate the other fields?

3. JacklynKy

JacklynKy Thread Starter

We are using Access 2007. Yes, I am using VBA code to auto populate the other boxes.

How the boxes do no work varies! Sometimes, she can make the choice in the combo box, but the other boxes do not populate. Sometimes, the choices do not appear at all in the combox box. There are only blank columns. If I go into the code builder on her desktop and close it back out, then the choices will appear, but again the other boxes do not populate.

Always, when we close it and open it on my desktop....everything appears and works fine.

4. OBP

OBP

You need to check that the Security setup for her version of Access is the same as yours, it may be that security is preventing the VBA code from running, which will hang up the combo.
    One way to test this is open her Access, create a new blank Database and then Import everything from your database.
    If it now works in her "New, created by her Access" database then that strongly suggests that is the problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!