1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

combo box

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by wdisneymom, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wdisneymom

wdisneymom Thread Starter

how do you sort the items in a combo box...the combo box is created from a table

2. Gram123

Gram123

I take it we're talking MS Access here.

Records in a Combo box will be automatically sorted alphanumerically by the Primary Key field. If you want to change the order, you may want to use a table that includes an ID field (using Autonumber format), plus your table field(s).
    By making the ID field the Primary Key, you can then enter records in whatever order you want them to appear on your form.

Gram

3. wdisneymom

wdisneymom Thread Starter

yes, I was talking about access and thanks

4. kfoll

kfoll

Well, I usually use a query based on whatever table I want the combo box to look up from. Then I can specify which fields I want it sorted by, such as last name, company, state, or whatever. You can just click the... next to the Row Source property and then add the table into the query, select the fields you want to appear in the combo box, and set the sort order under each field.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217967

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice