combo box

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wdisneymom

how do you sort the items in a combo box...the combo box is created from a table

I take it we're talking MS Access here.

Records in a Combo box will be automatically sorted alphanumerically by the Primary Key field. If you want to change the order, you may want to use a table that includes an ID field (using Autonumber format), plus your table field(s).
By making the ID field the Primary Key, you can then enter records in whatever order you want them to appear on your form.

Gram

Well, I usually use a query based on whatever table I want the combo box to look up from. Then I can specify which fields I want it sorted by, such as last name, company, state, or whatever. You can just click the... next to the Row Source property and then add the table into the query, select the fields you want to appear in the combo box, and set the sort order under each field.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online