1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Comcast Blocking Outgoing Email to an Email Address

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by pook123, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pook123

pook123 Thread Starter

I recently changed to comcast cable internet. I can send and receive mail at my earthlink.net email. However, I cannot send to someone at an "rcullen.com" email address. I have NEVER had this problem with this domain.

I went over all settiings with comcast and they are correct.

Does anyone know how to UNBLOCK an email address from not being able to be sent to? Or, is there a setting or workaround so that i can send from comcast to the rcullen.com email address?

Comcast has not told me it is blocked, but I can think of no other reason and I've read that they randomly block TONS of email domains for "spam" purposes.

Anyone else have a solution to this? Thanks!

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Are you sure that the rcullen.com mail server is not blocking mail from the Comcast mail system? Do you get any kind of error message of delivery failure reply message when sending e-mails to people at rcullen.com?

EDIT: I just tried going to www.rcullen.com and got a page from a web hosting company that the domain name is parked on their server. You may want to double check with your recipient to see if recullen.com is a valid e-mail server address.

3. pook123

pook123 Thread Starter

I know other people who have sent this person mail, but I know they are not with Comcast. In addition, I called the person with the rcullen.com email and he said he has been getting mail for 3 years at that address, so I know the address is valid.

You went to www.rcullen.com. That is a web address. He does not have any web address, so that would not be valid.

The error message I get from Comcast is "Delivery Failure temporary". I've gone over all my settings with Comcast in Outlook 2003 and they are correct. When I press "test settings" they all go through.

Thanks.

4. pook123

pook123 Thread Starter

I was not clear about the www.rcullen.com. So, I went to that site and it says that the domain was parked at www.namecheap.com. When I checked with the person who has this email, he says that the person who bought it and parks it is him. So it is valid.

5. tomdkat

tomdkat Retired Trusted Advisor

Do you get the "Delivery Failure temporary" message in the e-mail you sent that got bounced or in a popup window when you try to send the message? If you're getting the "Delivery Failure temporary" message in your e-mail that bounced back to you, there is possibly more information being reported and posting the top part of the bounced message here (if that's ok with the mods) could help.

Peace...

6. pook123

pook123 Thread Starter

Thanks, Tomdkat. I will post the top part of that message this weekend.

7. hewee

hewee

8. tomdkat

tomdkat Retired Trusted Advisor

Thanks for posting that link. :)

Peace...

9. hewee

hewee

Your welcome

10. comcast_blows

comcast_blows

We've been experiencing this problem as well. The problem occurs with messages going to or from a comcast.net address where the sending or receiving domain is using eNom's DNS servers. (DNS1.NAME-SERVICES.COM - DNS5.NAME-SERVICES.COM). It doesn't matter where the domain is hosted, just that it's using eNom's DNS.

Comcast confirmed the problem last week and we've noticed it happening intermittently. It is ridiculous that it has taken this long to get it solved and I tend to blame comcast and not eNom since no other ISP or host is having issues with eNom.

If it bugs you as much as me, call Comcast Security Assurances at: (856) 317-7272.

-----------------------

Here is a snippet of what our mail logs look like when trying to deliver to comcast.

SMTP<< 220 IMTA18.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net comcast ESMTP server ready
    SMTP>> EHLO MYSERVER.com
    SMTP<< 250-IMTA18.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net hello [ip.ad.dre.ss], pleased to meet you
    250-HELP
    250-SIZE 15728640
    250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
    250-8BITMIME
    250 OK
    SMTP>> MAIL FROM:<[email protected]> SIZE=8144
    SMTP<< 452 4.1.0 ... temporary failure
    LOG: MAIN
    SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<[email protected]> SIZE=8144: host mx1.comcast.net [76.96.62.116]: 452 4.1.0 ... temporary failure
    SMTP>> QUIT
    Connecting to mx2.comcast.net [76.96.30.116]:25 ... connected
    SMTP<< 220 IMTA27.emeryville.ca.mail.comcast.net comcast ESMTP server ready
    SMTP>> EHLO MYSERVER.com
    SMTP<< 250-IMTA27.emeryville.ca.mail.comcast.net hello [ip.ad.dre.ss], pleased to meet you
    250-HELP
    250-SIZE 15728640
    250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
    250-8BITMIME
    250 OK
    SMTP>> MAIL FROM:<[email protected]> SIZE=8144
    SMTP<< 452 4.1.0 ... temporary failure
    SMTP>> QUIT
    LOG: MAIN
    == [email protected] R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp defer (-45): SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<[email protected]> SIZE=8144: host mx2.comcast.net [76.96.30.116]: 452 4.1.0 ... temporary failure

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/680750

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice