1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Comcast On-Demand Trouble

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by thikr, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thikr

thikr Thread Starter

I'm not very good with any electronics so I don't have many options (that I've tried) when I say my VOD (video on-demand) is stuck. It is stuck showing a message it normally shows when you stop a movie and wait too long saying:

Your VOD session has timed out. Please select "OK" to return to TV or restart to continue your VOD session.

It comes in a blue box with white text and it comes up when I go to any On-Demand channel. The box is more pixelated than it usually is and it has the "Please Wait..." message come up after a while. So far I have tried:

1. Going to normal TV
    2. Turning off the TV and Digital Box
    3. Restarting the computer AND the digital box + TV (I have a cable modem so I thought this would help)
    4. Slept a really long time (time seems to fix stuff sometimes)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

A call to Comcast would seem to be in order here. Sounds like you're no longer communicating with their VOD servers.

3. thikr

thikr Thread Starter

thanks, I was really just seeing if I actually HAD to call comcast, I don't want to spend money making someone come out to my house when I can fix it for free.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

This really sounds like an issue that Comcast will have to solve. If nothing changed at your end and this started happening, it's their problem to fix.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698553

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice