Comcast Vs. Verizon DSL

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dizzizane1

Hi i live in the boonies and im trying to figure out what internet to switch to i have comcast and its pretty slow my speed test is at the bottom, i was thinking about switching to verizon dsl because its about the same speed that im getting now and i download a lot of bittorrents and now as you proablly know comcast has a monthly download limit 250gb wich im not a fan of also im an online gamer and spend lots of time on the computer programing and surfing the web,how ever verizon dsl only offers 1.5 mb conection wich is only a little bit slower than what i have now and comcast is cheaper,has lots of downtime,and my neighbor is a bittorrent freak and since we share a conection it dosent help and dsl is a dedicated line should i switch?

http://www.speedtest.net/result/343852919.png

your speedtest shows 19mbps download and 2.5mbps upload. That's considerably faster than 1.5mbps on dsl.

I have used Comcast and hated it. I think they were capping me a random hours. I have not used verizon DSL but I currently use Verizon Fios and I could not be happier.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
FWIW, I have used both, and in spite of Comcast's recent 250gig cap, I think I'd still go for Comcast. They're increasing their speed (doubtless to compete with Verizon FiOS) in most areas to up to 50mbits. The fastest Verizon DSL I've seen around here is 1.5mbit, quite a difference.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online