1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.


Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by vwrabbit, Jan 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vwrabbit

    vwrabbit Thread Starter

    Sep 5, 2007
    When I buy a TV with Picture in Picture (PIP). Comcast says I have to rent their DVR for PIP to be activated. I live in a development that has a contract with Comcast. Which means I pay for Comcast through my home owners assoc. dues.
    My question is, do I really have to rent the Comcast DVR.
    I have a digital converter and DVD-VCR recorder for recording TV programs I like.
  2. Triple6

    Triple6 Moderator

    Dec 26, 2002
    First Name:
    The digital converters only support viewing one channel so that kind of makes sense. However most DVR's also only allow you to view one channel at a time, but record a couple more so that would only help you if you wanted to use two DVR's or a DVR with your converter box. You can also use it with the DVD/VCR and the existing converter box. PIP works with two input devices. FYI, PiP is a useless feature that almost no one uses, you sure you want it?
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142082

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice