1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

command and prompt help plz

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by hoopy, Sep 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hoopy

hoopy Thread Starter

hi i am trying to execute the command C:My Documents and Settings\me\My Documents and Settings\home\iroffer1.3.b10>iroffer.exe -b

the only command and prompts i can find begin C:My Documents and Settings\me\My Documents and Settings\me\My Documents>
    which i cant edit....

How can i create a new command and prompt for
    C:My Documents and Settings\me\My Documents and Settings\home\iroffer1.3.b10>iroffer.exe -b

can any 1 help plz...it would be greatfully appreciated been working on this for days :)

thx guys

2. Colossus610

Colossus610

what do you mean you can't edit the prompt? You mean the working path of the prompt?
    try typing cd.. (Change Directory) from your working path "C:\Documents and Settings\me" to go back one directory to "C:\Documents and Settings\" and then type cd home to get into the other directory, "C:\Documents and Settings\home"

Or you can download Microsoft's Open Command Window here , which allows you to right click on a folder and choose to open a command prompt with that folder's working path already inputed

3. hoopy

hoopy Thread Starter

thanks bud ur a life saver got it working fine now ur a start been at that a good while

ur the man!!!!

4. Colossus610

Colossus610

Hey no prob, I don't know if you tried that Open Command Window here, but like I said, it allows you to right click on any folder and choose to open a command prompt from within that folder's working path, it's a tiny program, doesn't really do anything but the command window choice in the right click context menu, and I use it on all of my Windows machines quite often, if you use the command prompt often or at all it is a real time saver.

Glad to be of assistance, besides, I'm at work right now, so at least I got paid to help you, lol. (y) :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/398733

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice