1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Command & Conquer Generals

Discussion in 'Games' started by starwars, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. starwars

starwars Thread Starter

Hi there, I can not seem to play online with c & c generals, I get the error message "cannot establish server connection, check your internet connection", can anyone help, thank you and best regards

2. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Hello have you got a firewall ??

3. starwars

starwars Thread Starter

I have Norton 2006 version 10.1.0.26 but my windows firewall is disabled. best regards

4. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

have you checked you have allowed C and C to connect

5. starwars

starwars Thread Starter

i think so !!!!! I am not a computer wiz I'm afraid

6. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

I am not familar with norton .. but try this
    disable Norton and start windows firewall

in the list of exceptions add C and C and see if you can play

7. starwars

starwars Thread Starter

that didn't seem to work

8. bonk

bonk Banned

How are you trying to Connect ...Direct Connect or Online with Generals Online???

9. starwars

starwars Thread Starter

Hi, I goto multiplayer and select online, thats when I get the error message

10. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

Norton is notorious for blocking internet traffic. You will need to set an allow rule in your Norton Firewall.

Go to this site and follow the links for both incoming and outgoing traffic. When you click on the links, it will ask you what game you want. Click on C&C: Generals. Follow instructions.

I'm assuming Zero Hour is the same settings.

11. bonk

bonk Banned

First have you got all the Updates...when you first click Online it will want to install Updates..if it hasn't done that then you will not be able to get Online.

This sometimes works.......if you do not have the updates and try and go Online it will check for Updates but the Firewall may be blocking it ...so Hit the Windows Logo Key or Ctrl + Esc to minimise the game and you may see message on the screen from the Firewall to Unblock or block this......choose Unblock.....then try and go Online and the Updates should download.

This is only one possible solution but it was my problem.....this can also be the problem when trying to Direct Connect just follow the same procedure.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/578590