1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

command promt temp dir

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by clmowers, Aug 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clmowers

clmowers Thread Starter

Hi all
    Im trying to copy a file out of the %temp% dir in windows. I created a batch file so i can run it using sysinternal psexex.exe program. The problem im having is in my bathc file i have the following commands
    copy %temp%\data\*.xml \\mas90\scripts$\allapps

What is happening is when you pause the screen the cmd prmt is going to windows\temp and not the %temp%. If i manually run the batch it works fine. Just when i use that program. I couldnt see that program making it not work right. Does anyone have a clue on what im doing wrong.

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

You say that the batch file works like a jewel when run manually but not so when run thru this program psexex.exe. I am not familiar with this particular program but would make a suggestion is to go to Sysinternals site and contact them with this problem or check the help files with the program for the solution. There has to be a special command that this program uses or a special key to make it work right.

When using this program you still have to make it work by clicking on it, why not just run it manually and have the desired result?

3. clmowers

clmowers Thread Starter

Well what the psexec program does is runs progrmas on remote pc. So i created a batch file that will copy a file i need to a network drive. And the psexec will run the program on all the network pc that are running nt4 or higher

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490744

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice