Command toggledesktop doesn’t toggle

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kimmels

WinXP Pro sp3, IE 7 (Quick launch)

Show desktop stopped toggling so I deleted the icon and recreated it.

I've followed all the instructions: in administrator, used notepad, carefully followed shell instructions, hit enter after each line including last, saved as (all files) Show Desktop.scf to proper folder.

Result = proper icon on taskbar that doesn't react to clicking.

Also tried deleting icon and using Microsoft's (we'll do it for you) app and got same result.

Now what?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to TSG!

You can also use WinKey+D to toggle the desktop. Or WinKey+M to minimize, Shift+WinKey+M to undo.

Jerry

kimmels

Is the file extension SCF associated with Windows Explorer.
Thank you Squashman. I checked the registry. Under .scf in Root it has
default as SHCmdFile and
ZAMailSafetxt as zm5

Nothing else. Where do I go from here (BTW I haven't coded since the '70s and that was a mainframe)?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online