1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

commands in Win9x/me

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by g.ramesh, Sep 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. g.ramesh

g.ramesh Thread Starter

Dear McTimson

please tell me what are the other commands like "msconfig, dxdiag,regedit "
    etc available in Win9x/WinMe and also their brief usefulness.
    Thanks

g.ramesh

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

I'm not McTimson, but :D

Any .exe command can be run from the start, run, if that is what you are referring to.

msinfo32 is a nice information utility too ;)

3. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

...I think this is going to be a little different for each OS too...

4. g.ramesh

g.ramesh Thread Starter

Then please give me useful commands relating to Win me!
    .exe commands are the only ones which can be run by start->run is it not ?

Bye

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Right, but you don't have to type the .exe

For example, do you have word on your computer?

Type

winword

6. daniel_b2380

daniel_b2380

.. in w98 and w98se, [me is just about the same flavor], the LIST you asked about can be found by:

..[it helps if you first:
    #1)click 'view' menu > folder options > 'view' tab > hidden files > 'dot' in 'show all files' > 'no dot' in 'hide file extensions for known file types' > click "ok" to exit,
    #2)click 'view' menu > click 'large icons',
    #3)click 'view' menu > arrange icons 'by type'],

..then go to: my computer > your hard drive > your WINDOWS folder > show files > [the .exe's there can be run from the command line without typing the '.exe'], [or, start, run, same difference],

..the 'brief usefulness' part can be found by opening the GOOGLE search engine and typing each one in that interest you in particular,

hope this helped,
    have a good day,
    daniel_b23804

7. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Actually, you can run any windows or command line command from the Start line, type Explorer and see what happens. :D

The request is a little too global, there are probably several hundred commands that can be launched from the Run line, not many of us are willing to sit here and type them all in. :D

8. daniel_b2380

daniel_b2380

..hello g.ramesh,
    ..was just checking out older threads i had posted in,
    ..didn't see this one as resolved,
    ..was your problem solved?,
    ..if it was, it's not necessary, but it is nice to post a reply acknowledging that,
    ..it's good to know because there are many others reading/following the thread,
    ..some even with a similar problem,
    ..some just seeking the knowledge so if they ever have a similar problem,
    ..the threads also get archived and there are those who do search them for an answer without just jumping in and posting,
    ..and then there are us ego-maniacs who just want to know, WHAT solved your problem???,

..if your problem wasn't resolved, then PLEASE post back; there are many very knowledgeable people here on the forums who truly enjoy helping others by sharing that knowledge,
    ..it might even have been that your post just didn't get read by the one who had the answer, don't give up!, post back!!!,

..so if you would,

..thanks,

have a good day,
    daniel_b23804

9. g.ramesh

g.ramesh Thread Starter

Hi Dear Daniel_b2380

Thank u very much for the above reply. It put back courage into me to post again.(which I lost this after reading MR.Johnwill's answer) Actually I was not knowing that there are many many number of commands that can run by RUN command.
    Any way there was no problem with my system but just I wanted to know what are the usefull commands that can be run. I LIKE MSCONFIG,regedit etc because they present the information in a beautiful way which can be modified to suit our needs.

Any way thank u very much
    Bye
    Regards.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164021

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice