1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Comments on this computer please

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by marcan, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. marcan

marcan Thread Starter

The link below shows what pc i am buying on thursday 15th febuary if they have any left. I think it is a good price for a start ...

http://www.medion.de/md8820/uk/flash.html

Can i ask opinions on Price - Specs and performance as well as anyone that has used this companys products in the past. What say you?

I am hoping that i can play a decent online game or at least play a decent 3d game like a racing one (gran turismo or tomb raider etc) for the first time.

Do you think this will cut it?
    What do you think?

Thankyou for your time

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

I have a friend who has an older Median from Aldi's. Good computer to bad he does not know how to use it. Every time he sends me an email I tell him to get a spell checker.<g>

3. marcan

marcan Thread Starter

Your friend should heed your advice. But he has a median computer i am buying a medIOn model.:)

Thamls fpr yur comments.:)

4. norton850

norton850

If I'm not mistaken Aldi is a grocery store. We actually have one in Bennington VT. I didn't see the price, but probably missed it. Who provides support?

5. marcan

marcan Thread Starter

Aldi is a grocery store.
    3 year support and warranty from Medion themselves.
    Should i go to PC World or perhaps Currys ?

Price is £399 for base unit keyboard mouse and software and support.
    What do you think about the Specs for that price?
    Regards.

6. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Looks like we all need a spell checker since I misspelled it. Aldi sells that brand then and still sells it. It is spelled as you spelled it. Besides my spell checker says I spelled it correctly I just used the wrong word.

7. marcan

marcan Thread Starter

Not up and running yet but i have the computer now. Apparently that particular store sold them all (20) in under 10 minutes. I think it was a good deal. How reliable it is remains to be seen.

Still no one has gave an opinion on the graphics or expected performance for price though.

Apparently free memory goes to the graphics card and pushes up performance.

Looks like i will be posting in windows vista forums in the future.

Thanks for your comments. :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544108

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice