Comments system.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

challapradyumna

I am not into coding a comments system but i want to know how these work.

Here is my idea of how these work :- You basically create a Comments table with has a ID column which contains the Id of the post at which the comment is posted next the actual comment and then some data about the commenting person . To show the comments under a post we query all the rows that have the id of the post .

any more ideas????

If what i think is correct what if the blog becomes super big like lifehacker or gizmodo can the database react fast ??

First Name
Colin
You probably have another field in your database that records date & time of the comment so that they are displayed in the correct order or so that you can display the first x and then have a more button to display the rest. To get the query to run quickly if there are a large number of comments you will be into database tuning.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online