1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Common Folder - Driver - Common OS

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by dot48, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dot48

dot48 Thread Starter

I have a Compaq Presario about 3 years old with Windows XP Media Center Edition Service Pack 2.

In the last 2 days, when I turn it on, a folder comes up with the start up programs. It is called Common. Inside the folder are 3 other folders called com_os, win2k_xp and win9x_me.

It wouldn't be something I would pay attention to except that at the same time as this started happening, my computer started slowing down, programs don't shut down and it takes over 10 minutes and a lot of "cycling" before the computer shuts down. It also "cycles" a lot while it is on.

I use NOD 32 by ESET as my virus control program, it is up-to-date and it isn't showing any problem with the system.

What could be wrong and how do I fix it?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/730599

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice