1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

common master/slave dvdrom/dvdrw problems.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by spidrmage, Nov 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spidrmage

spidrmage Thread Starter

lately my newest dvdrw, which i put jumper settings as slave, has been giving me problems. when reading data discs containing music, the tracks skip, which it normally NEVER does. i was just wondering if this is a common problem when putting one drive as slave, and one as master. the master drive is a dvdrom which has also been giving me problems lately, which i'll be replacing in a few days due to a faulty door. i was considering switching the position of the drives when i replace the dvdrom.

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    For some DVD r/w's they work best when installed as master. Infact My Liteon and my Aopen both came with that recommendation and that is the way they both work. It is also possible with the track skipping that it is the media instead of the drive.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/414691

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice