1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Common Sims 2 Problems

Discussion in 'Games' started by CoasterFreak, Oct 23, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. Sara_321

Sara_321

Im new to this so sorry if it doesnt come out in the right spot but im having problems with my game my sister downloaded all these new hair styles and furniture and stuff but now you cant make them shower sleep get in hot tub pools or anything and she wont let me uninstall it then reinstall it is there any way to fix this?

2. Kristin76

Kristin76

What I would do is go take out all your downloads (back them up first) and then run the game and make sure its working normally without the downloads. Then add your downloads in a little at a time.....if the game stops working after one of the batches you add, that is where the bad file is - and you will need to not add that in your game. Does that make sense? It will at least save you the aggravation of reinstallation :)

3. Sara_321

Sara_321

thanks a whole lot for taking the time to explain that and all but im a little dumb lol back them up how?

4. Kristin76

Kristin76

1. Go to My Documents> EA Games > The Sims2
    2. Right click your mouse on the file titled 'Downloads'
    3. Select 'copy'
    5. Go to 'My Documents' and right click on a blank area and choose 'paste'

Then you can either take a few downloads at a time out and keep starting the game to see if it works after that groups has been deleted OR you can do it the way I described above. Either way you will be able to narrow down what is causing your game not to work correctly :)

5. Sara_321

Sara_321

oh youre the best thanks so much

6. Kristin76

Kristin76

You're welcome ... good luck :)

7. doitthemizzleway

doitthemizzleway

I put my CD in and usually after about 30-55 seconds it starts but I have been waiting and it won't start. so i will click either in the start menu or on the icon and then an error note pops up saying "Sims 2 is already running!" but it isn't! I REALLY WANT TO PLAY MY SIMS!

I downloaded some stuff at simsquirts today and after that it didnt work, but i doubt it was that because they are a reputable site. and i checked the hack conflict scanner and there aren't any hack conflicts and i ran my antivirus software and i did everything possible i thought i could do. iam having my dad clean the CD to see if that is the problem but...i think my brother's CDs work ok in the computer. what could be the problem?!?!

8. Kristin76

Kristin76

Try deleting your groups.cache file .... its located in the 'The Sims2' file (under EA Games in My Documents) :)

9. cancon

cancon

Any1 gonna help?

10. Kristin76

Kristin76

You probably should post this not the in Sims thread as you encounter it with several games....its not really Sims specific :)

11. doitthemizzleway

doitthemizzleway

I can't find the groups.cache file. I've looked in all the folders and I know where you're talking about just I don't know about the groups.cache

My dad cleaned the disk and removed smears and minor scratches so if that was it...hopefully i can play today.

12. doitthemizzleway

doitthemizzleway

Oh sorry, found it. I'll try that. what do i do if that wasn't it?

13. scsu01

scsu01

oh yeah...got alot of them...but it only started when i put in university and glamour life....i think maybe ill move my hacked sutff and see what happens....any other suggestions?

14. doitthemizzleway

doitthemizzleway

It froze when the game started up and it was almost to showing the towns instead of just "Sims 2" you know?

So i don't know what i should try

I think I'll just delete all my downloads again, which is what i do when I have a conflict that seems to not come from anything. and usually, it works.

15. madmer11

madmer11

I want to find the Risky Woohoo cheat does anyone know what it is and if it will work with the Sims 2 Pets Thanks PLEASE REPLY quick i want to use It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!:D :D :D :(:) :eek: :cool: :mad: :rolleyes: :eek: (y) (n)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/287910