1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Common Sims 2 Problems

Discussion in 'Games' started by CoasterFreak, Oct 23, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. raluca

raluca

could someone help me?i installed the sims 2 and some of the exp & stuff packs with almost no problem...it is also not the first time i do this...bu after i installed them i pressed play in the window that appears after you install multiple exp and it popped up something saying :
    Wrong disc inserted.
    Please insert the original "the Sims 2 Apartment Life Expansion Pack" CD/DVD......because apartment life is the last one i instelled...i think i should mention that i reinstalled everything

2. jbird66

jbird66

hi seiko i have windows vista home premium and my game some times freezes. would deleting the cache file work for me too?

3. jbird66

jbird66

raluca was the right disc inserted???

4. raluca

raluca

hey jbird66...i have downloaded the game and it's expansion and stuff packs and it is not the first time i've done that...i used daemon tools and magiciso...because i have some trouble with my computer and i needed to restart it after i used magiciso for one game to mount the image and then i tried with daemon tools and it worked for some...it is not the first time that i installed many games at once and i had no problem with the game itself...and this is the reason that i signed in at tech guy cos' i don't know what i shoul do next :-??

5. jbird66

jbird66

what type of computer do you have????? windows....... xp,200, vista, etc. etc.

6. raluca

raluca

well, i've got windows xp...and although i have 512 MB of RAM i did not have serious problems with the game...only when i played for hours it responded a bit harder...

7. jbird66

jbird66

try right clicking the shortcut to it and clicking run as administrator.
    if it asks you if u allow this program or not a allor the program, click allow. i had the sims 1, and this always worked for me. it hasn't worked on the sims 2 though, but i think thats because i have windows vista

8. katka74

katka74

i got a new sims 2 cd as my old one broke after i had uninstalled the game, but when it gets to 22% i get the message that a problem occurred when trying to transfer 'D:Support/es/Leeme.txt' from the media! i copied the cd files on my hard drive and tried from there but no luck!

9. katka74

katka74

i got a new sims 2 cd as my old one broke after i had uninstalled the game, but when it gets to 22% i get the message that a problem occurred when trying to transfer 'D:Support/es/Leeme.txt' from the media! i copied the cd files on my hard drive and tried from there but no luck!

10. raluca

raluca

still the same :(...nothing new...nothing happening...sometimes i uninstalled everything and them installed it again but i can't quite remember what exactley i tried and what not because i've done this so many times...this is why i am searching 4 answers on the internet and asking for some help...:-??...i am playing this game for about 4 years and didn't had serious problems even though i downloaded it...i kind of know the game and it's cheats and secrets really good but i don't know much of computers...AND it is till asking me for the original cd/dvd :((

11. sjanira

sjanira

Hi, I recently bought the Sims 2 double deluxe. I installed it and it works fine. The only thing wrong with it is that all the buildings are bright red. The houses are flashing red and when I try to change the wallpaper it doens't work and it stays red. How do I fix this? is there something wrong with my disc?

12. nyhippie543

nyhippie543

Okay, I have this really strange problem. Or maybe it's not as strange as I think: I downloaded some meshes and custom content. But when I run the game with these downloads, it stops responding halfway through the loading screen. What's wrong?! :(

13. raluca

raluca

could someone help me?i installed the sims 2 and some of the exp & stuff packs with almost no problem...it is also not the first time i do this...bu after i installed them i pressed play in the window that appears after you install multiple exp and it popped up something saying :
    Wrong disc inserted.
    Please insert the original "the Sims 2 Apartment Life Expansion Pack" CD/DVD......because apartment life is the last one i instelled...i think i should mention that i reinstalled everything and i've downloaded them, but i had almost no problem at all, nothing that i couldn't fix myself...please if someone had this problem before is there anything i can do?

14. Seiko

Seiko

What happens is that the most recent version of the game (expansion, not stuff pack) is what the game needs to run when you play it. If it tells you to use Apartment Life, then that's the disc you should have in there. I have all except for Holiday Stuff and Family Fun Stuff, so my most current expansion would be Mansions and Gardens. If I try to run the game using any other disc, it won't work. The game is just set up this way. Make sure you're using the correct disc.

Or are you saying that you're using the correct disc and the problem persists?

15. Seiko

Seiko

Hn.. Good question. I'm not exactly sure since I haven't messed with too many errors on the game myself. It tends to run pretty well. How much memory do you have free? For us, the game started freezing more when we acquired more expansions and stuff packs, so what we did was upgrade our computer. We upgraded our ram to 2GB and updated our Power Supply to 500 and upgraded our Graphics card as well. We also like to get a lot of custom content (CC), so that will also lag your computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/287910