1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Common Sims 2 Problems

Discussion in 'Games' started by CoasterFreak, Oct 23, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. jenra2

jenra2

2. jenra2

jenra2

ok, i downloaded the first and went thru the wizard that pops up and it said to restart my computer, which i did, and nothing's happened. is there something else i need to do? i think i might need to unzip it, but where do i download winzip?

3. SexyCaramel

SexyCaramel

I downloaded the sims 2 bodyshop starter pack 3 tiimes and i installed it. when i downloaded it i extracted it to the sims 2 downloads folder. i opened the body shop and still there were no extra items in it. i aslo extracted it in the bodyshop downloads folder and nothing. Can someone please tell me what im doing wrong. And all the downloads end with sims2skin. I been trying to get this to work for months and never got the right answers to solve this problem. I hope this site is the one that can help me. Thanks in advance. Another thing
    when i downloaded it i use a download manager and it has its own folder. but i extract it to the downloads folder. I would download the starter pack, then extract it to the downloads folder. then i cllick the the starter pack icon and it has an install option. so i click install, within 2 seconds its installed. i go open bodyshop and nothing has changed. thats basically all i do. here's the addy. http://www.fileorama.com/games/The-...-pack/22319.htm well from one of the sites.

4. StrikeMike2k

StrikeMike2k

I am trying to Install The Sims 2 Nightlife expansion, after main installition; a Sims 2 Updater appears and asks to insert The Sims 2 CD 4 into the Drive. But in my case, with the DVD Edition, I only have 2 discs (Game, and Bonus) I have tried placing both discs in the drive, and cannot get passed the "OK" button.

Any help greatly apprecieated.

5. Jackiefrost9

Jackiefrost9

you should download and run the first one, it does the installation for you so you shouldn't need to unzip anything. if it doesn't work im at a loss at what to do

6. SimAholic

SimAholic

:( I have a question.......I have been playing the sims since it came out. I just started to download stuff from the Sims2 web page. When Im done and go to the game it loads everything just fine, but when I try to load a family it takes forever.......I could probably let it sit for hours and it would still say loading?????? PLEASE HELP

7. Jackiefrost9

Jackiefrost9

stop downloading stuff...

8. SexyCaramel

SexyCaramel

i guess there no forum that can answer or help me with my problem.

9. jenra2

jenra2

it worked!!!yay! but onto another problem...how do i download stuff? i have the sims file maid 2 but the items dont show up. what i did was press download, save to the desktop, and pressed open folder. then i dragged it into the file maid box, and it said it was installed, but it isnt showing up in the game.

10. jenra2

jenra2

nevermind...it ws working just perfectly for the past 3 days, but i downloaded some stuff(yes, i figured it out) and then i played it for about an hour and a half and then it froze up and that window that said 'friver stoppped responding' at the top popped up!AH! pleease help me!

11. Jackiefrost9

Jackiefrost9

i have no idea so i guess so.

12. Jackiefrost9

Jackiefrost9

this is a problem with downloading things, for some reason they seem to mess the game up. i dont know how to fix any problems with downloaded material other than just deleting them.

13. Jackiefrost9

Jackiefrost9

is there a nightlife dvd edition? im not sure on this one

14. jenra2

jenra2

how do i delete downloaded things?

15. CarolP

CarolP

You have to go into "My Documents" find the EA Games folder, click on the Sims 2 folder, find the folder that says "Downloads" and delete the things you downloaded from in there. I would move them to another folder just in case that's not the problem. Then you can put them back later.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/287910