1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Communication Port Removed...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by djkidnicki, Nov 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. djkidnicki

djkidnicki Thread Starter

Hi,

I some how removed the Communication Port in hardware profiles... and now i cant connect to the internet...

can any one tell me how to get communication port back?

2. plejon

plejon

Have you tried the obvious ? Add New Hardware in the control panel ?

3. djkidnicki

djkidnicki Thread Starter

My Problem:

I disabled the communication port from the hardware profile, and then i think i removed it! Now how do i get the communication port back? i do have modem installed "INSIDE" my computer, so when i try to install the modem on my compuer, there's only one port to choose from: Printer Port (LPT1). There's no COM PORT to select from... i'm running windows me, can you please help me get my communication port back in the hardware profile, so the next time when i try to install my modem, i'll have a port to choose from...
    i tried to add new hardware, it just cant recognize it!, when i tried to installed the modem, there was only one port to choose from and that's the Printer's LTP1 port, there no COM ports to choose from!
    i'm running windows me
    Please some one help!
    thanks...

4. plejon

plejon

PC's generally come with two serial ports : COM1 and COM2.

External modems connect to one of these ports.

Internal modems generally add an additional COM port. They do not use the standard COM1 and COM2 ports in your PC.

This could be your problem. If your internal modem is set to operate on COM1 or COM2, it could interfere with with the standard COM1 and COM2 in your PC.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58273

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice