1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Communication problems between Dell 926 printer and Dell Inspiron 1520 computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tashidad, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tashidad

tashidad Thread Starter

:confused:I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop with Windows Vista OS. I have a Dell 926 printer interfaced to it via USB. Printer driver is installed and the printer does communicate at times with the computer and does a good job printing. However, intermittently when trying to print a document I'll get a message on the computer that says that communication has been lost and print job failed.

I've checked all connections to make sure they are solid and no debris that might cause this.
    That has not corrected the problem.
    The other thing that happens is that the document I want to print will stay in the print queue/spooler and if I shut the computer and printer down and restart both it will print the job. And it may continue to print jobs but it's just a matter of time.

Needless to say this is frustrating. I can print several jobs in a row with no problem and then I'll get this "communication has been lost between printer and computer". And I have to go thru the procedure above to get the last job printed.

My wife doesn't understand how this works and will try to print the same job several times with the commo problem and then complains when it won't print.....and then they all print when the above procedure is followed.

Any ideas what is going on??? Any fixes??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!