1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

COMODO question

Discussion in 'General Security' started by philips5, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. philips5

philips5 Thread Starter

Okay i just installed COMODO, I looked on the activity and there are a couple of 'high severity' notices that say... 'Blocked by Protocol Analysis (Fake or Malformed IP Packet). What do these mean? I also have Online Armor on.

2. TOGG

TOGG

Quote from Comodo Help File;

"Protocol Analysis is key to the detection of fake packets used in denial of service attacks. Checking this option means Comodo Firewall Pro checks every packet conforms to that protocols standards. If not, then the packets are blocked"

In other words, the firewall thinks someone attempted a Denial of Service attack and prevented it.

Right click on the Comodo icon and then on 'Security' and 'Advanced Attack Detection and Prevention' (click 'Configure') and then look under the Miscellaneous tab for more information.

I have several High Severity items in my log, but they are not the same as yours.

3. golferbob

golferbob

i use comodo free firewall also. if iam reading right ,you have 2 firewalls running .i would use just 1.

4. TOGG

TOGG

I've never heard of Online Armor but, if it is a firewall, golferbob is right and you shouldn't have two firewalls active at the same time. Both will be trying to check the same 'packets' and that may lead to errors.

It is even possible that what Comodo is interpreting as DoS attacks could be the result of Online Armor's activities.

5. grandma77

grandma77

I agree with golferbob and togg...only one firewall is needed and should be running at one time.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650692

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice