1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Comp. at work shutting off...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Chum, Sep 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chum

Chum Thread Starter

OK...this system had Win NT, a scuzy(sp?) controller card, dual pentium 3 CPUs, 512M Ram...it had 3 Seagate drives, (which from what I have been told...worked in tandem, somehow)...machine started shutting off after desktop would load. Too many people got involved in troubleshooting. One guy removed the harddrive controller card and hooked up another drive to the regular IDE and tried installing Win98...install went OK...but the machine still exhibits the same symptom (it will load the desktop...but if you try opening a program...or doubleclicking "my computer"...it just shuts off...we have also tried removing the memory sticks one at a time...no help. We have tried removing the processors one at a time...no help.
    I have went through the BIOS settings and can find nothing unusual.

The mobo is an Abit...all I know about that.

I have told them to try another power supply...so far they have not.
    Could a video card cause this kind of problem?

One other symptom is "sometimes" when it shuts off and you turn it back on you get a beep code which seems to go like this...
    3second beep, 1second pause, 3 second beep, 1 second pause...and keeps repeating.

2. dai

dai

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166257

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice