1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Comp died with a pxe error after power outage

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Stranglehold02, May 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Stranglehold02

Stranglehold02 Thread Starter

ok so my pc bas been running fine since i built it- no errors. Then to day i was playing an online game when the power kicked out then back on. My comp is on a surge protector so i figured no big deal. I turn it on it starts to boot, then I get this

For Realtek RTL8111B/8168B Gigabit Ethernet Controller.
    Pxe-E61: Media Test Failure, check cable
    PXE-MOF: Exiting

I've tried switching the boot up order and all and it doesnt tell me anything different. Some I think said they could still log onto their pc but i cannot- any suggestions?

the reason I posted this again because I did find a few threads on this, but mine seems to be different in the fact my pc was working and already built.

2. norton850

norton850

Hi

As you may have read in other posts, the message means your system can't find what it needs on a HD to boot up. So either no HD or damaged files. Do you still see your HD in BIOS or when you start up?

3. Stranglehold02

I'm in bios now, I"m not sure how to check for it but in all the things ive looked through I dont see my hardrive i dont think-- It's a SATA HDD and there is nothing detected under them.

4. cosmic01

cosmic01

Disable the LAN device (Realtek RTL8111B/8168B Gigabit Ethernet Controller) in the Bios then save it and reboot, see if you can get to xp screen.

5. Stranglehold02

Just tried to preform a repair with windows disk and it told me no hard disk was present- looks like my harddrive crashed and burned- which sucks considering its only a few months old and one of western digital's pro models

6. norton850

norton850

Don't forget to check cables, although you're probably right.

7. CrazyJ

CrazyJ

im getting the same problem as Stranglehold02 (PXE-E61) and my bios doesnt have the option to take LAN out of boot. and no option to disable... can someone out there help me.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/577730

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice