1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

comp not finding iPod thru USB

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Interstate, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Interstate

Interstate Thread Starter

Something weird happened tonight: I plugged in my iPod expecting iTuned to come up like it usually does, but it didn't. I also noticed that the iPod didn't display the usual "Do not disconnect" warning on the screen. (Enabled for disk use). The usual USB warning sound doesn't go off either, but it does for other things like my mouse, hub, printer, etc. I have tried all the different USB ports, but no change. It should also come up in "My Computer" as drive E, but doesn't.

The iPod it self is getting power (Screen says charging). The iPod and iTunes has been working solid for over 2 months now, but all of a sudden, it stops working.

I tried uninstalling the USB root hubs and detecing hardware changes; no luck. I tried plugging it into a freinds computer (also PC, also has an iPod and iTunes) same symptoms as aforementioned.
    Anybody know what to do?

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Get a new Ipod?

If it is unrecognised on 2 systems, and the cable is not at fault, it is starting to look like an internal iPod problem would you agree?

3. replay

replay

4. Interstate

Well I know apple has excellent customer service, known for giving way mroe than they should. I might shoot an email their way to see what they can do about it.

Thanks for the link, but that thread doen't really apply.

5. Interstate

I found the solution: Hold the center button and the menu button at the same time for about 6 seconds. it resets it or something (doesn't appear to lose data) and the computer finds it...

6. replay

replay

holding those two buttons together reboots the ipods harddrive

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329136

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice