comp not seeing disc in drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

greginak

I just replaced our cd player with a dvd burner from lite on. oddly the comp doesn't seem to see a disc in the drive when i put one in. it shows the drive as empty. after opening the cd player several times in sees it then there are no problems. It has burned several discs fine and works perfect except for not seeing the disc at first.

I have updated the firmware. the comp is a dell with xp sp 1.

puzzled in anchorage

greg

greginak

Why would that help?? I should have noted that this problem has become progressively worse over the last two weeks. this didn't start happening until a few days after installation. today it wont' see anything in the drive.

greg

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online