1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Comp restarts

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by hitesh1804, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hitesh1804

hitesh1804 Thread Starter

After windows starts i get an error report pop up block but as soon as i click the "dont send" or even the "send report" button my comp restarts. how to fix the prob so does the comp does not restarts like this again n again

2. Timmy69

Timmy69

what where you doing prior to receiving the error?

3. speed_hog

speed_hog

hitesh1804, can you post a minidump log for us to look at?

How to post a minidump log

I barrowed this great tutorial from;
    Rollin' Rog
    Moderator with 42,872 posts
    I can run a debugging utility on the dump files if you do this:

1 > create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like
    2 > navigate to c:\windows\minidump and copy the last few minidump files to that folder. *this assumes 'c' is your boot drive, if it is not, subsitute accordingly
    3 > close the folder and right click on it and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    4 > use the "manage attachments" in the "advanced" reply window to upload that zip file here as an attachment.

This might point us to a non Windows driver causing the error, if one exists for it.

Since almost all bugchecks can be caused by faulty ram, I would recommend you perform memory tests.

Beginners Guides: Diagnosing Bad Memory

Memtest86 - A Stand-alone Memory Diagnostic

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/751779

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice