1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Comp self boots itself, help..

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by zeo, Jan 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeo

zeo Thread Starter

Ok this is a really annoying problem that I've had for well over a year now. Firstly I never had this problem to begin with, but one night it just started to happen and carried on <b>every night</b> from then on.

For some reason everynight as soon as my computers clock strikes (00:00) midnight, my computer self boots itself up.

It doesnt really do anything apart from booting itself up and loading windows.

The only 2 ways I've been able to stop this is ether

- Pulling out the power cable from the comp

or

- using a program such as Getright to scheduler it to turn off my comp everynight @ 00:05

But their must be a way for me to stop this from happening.

I've checked and disabled any and all items scheduled on my comp, as well as formating my comp quite a few time making no diffrence.

I've also removed the hd but @ midnight the comp still tries to boot itself up, and some nights I find this quite scary (esp the first few nights)

I cant find anything on bios relating to this problem, but then again I wouldnt really know what to look for.

plz help

zeo

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112677

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice