Comp turns off when playing a game. windows XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BBG_BULDOZER

Hi

Whenever I play a game on my computer (online or offline game) it turns off. I'll be playing the game, then when I'm 5 minutes into the game my screen goes black, and I look at the power button, and it says the computer is off.

Can somebody tell me what it is, and how to fix it? Because I can't play games. :(

BBG_BULLDOZER

Your system may be overheating. A comuter will auto shut off if it gets overheated. Open up your case and make sure the fans are working properly and they're not too dusty.

sy2

What game and what are your system specs?

So far I agree with Dark Lurker, though, it sounds like overheating.

Y4J

I had the SAME exact problem with my WoW game. You have a heatsink fan on your processor correct? If you do, then make sure it is on correctly. Mine wasn't and caused it to overheat.

If you do, then maybe i'd suggest getting a new one.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online