1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

comp wont power up when i hit pswitch. The green light on the mobo is on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lord_Hakkon, Aug 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lord_Hakkon

Lord_Hakkon Thread Starter

a7v333
    256 DDR
    Gf4 4200
    tbird 1400
    CoolerMaster hhc001
    antec 480 psupply
    maxtor 40 Gig
    All i did was take out my tbird 1.4. I went to 7-11 to get a drink, came back. put in an xp1800+ and now it wont power up.
    Ive reseated the mobo,took uot all periphrials,cleared cmos,I think it might be grounded but i checked This has plagued me for almost 6 hours please help!

2. spaceman_333

spaceman_333

Hi,

Reverse the Power LED connector on the motherboard pins.

spaceman

3. Lord_Hakkon

I have a lian-li case it has a detachable led connector. You dont have to disconnect it from the motherboard

4. Lurker1

Lurker1

Have you tryed putting your original processor back in? What you do mean by doesn't power up. Do you get any lights/ fans coming on?

5. Lord_Hakkon

yes I have tried switching cpus absolutely nothing happens , no lights, no power, nothing

6. Lurker1

Lurker1

Is your power on switch working? You can temporatly short across the two connector pins on the motherboard to try and turn the system on. Also check that you havent bumped any jumpers and try reseating the memory. If that doesn't help take out everything except for memory, cpu, and power supply and fans then see if the system will start (fans spin) that way.

7. Lord_Hakkon

How do i short across the 2 pins

8. Lord_Hakkon

well i just tried a new psupply and that doesnt seem to be it either. Its weird cause that green mobo light is on so i know im gettin power ....Arrrrghhh!!

9. Lurker1

Lurker1

You can use a screwdriver or a jumper across the two pins that you normally hook the power on button to. (is the conector on the right pins now)? This should be a momentary contact just like the power on button. The last thing you can try it to take the motherboard out of the case and try booting it up there. This will eliminate any booting problems caused by the motherboard shorting to the case or standoffs. Failing that you will need to test your cpu and memory in a different system and finally replace the motherboard. BOL

10. max 8

max 8

Was your pc was working before w/ the a7v333 mobo until you replaced the cpu?

Do you see where the ATX power switch plug is on the mobo?
    The 2 pins should be the 4th & 5th pins on the lower row of jumper pins to the right. The black wire should be to the left pin and the red to the right pin. If that doesn't work, remove the plug and short those 2 pins w/ a screwdriver, that should start your pc.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/92842

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice