1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Comp won't start up.

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Fetch_Man, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fetch_Man

Fetch_Man Thread Starter

Hi, whenever I start my computer, it just shows my desktop wallpaper. Nothing else, no startup bar, no toolbars, no sys. tray or anything. I press CTRL+Alt+DELETE and it says Explorer is the only thing running. After I wait about 1 minute, AOL instant messanger window pops up with the username being "C:/Windows/Pic" and then 2 seconds later it says "BLOW ME: Your computer is seriously broken, it may only be fixed once you have sex with your CD Drive." I click Close to this dialog, and then my floppy drive just makes some noise for about 5 seconds. And then it just starts over again. Any help?

P.S. Normally, AIM is NOT set to start up with windows on my PC.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    It would be safe to say that you have picked up a "nasty" somewhere.

Do you have a full-time and up-to-date antivirus program installed and running in the background?

Are you still able to connect to the Internet and open websites?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324984

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice