1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Comp Won't Turn on!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BrokenComp, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BrokenComp

BrokenComp Thread Starter

My computer is all AOpen parts running on Windows ME. It was acting funny one day and the next it wouldn't start up. When I press the power button the processor fan starts to run for a few seconds, then the CPU speaker beeps a few times and the whole thing just shuts back off. I'm thinking its the power supply, I've had that problem before on a different comp but it was different symptoms. I have a few spare power supplies from my comp graveyard I dont know if they're interchangable or how to tell if they are. Help? :confused:

2. beaney05

beaney05

Open up the computer and make sure everything is connected paying attention to graphics card and ram

3. shadowman25

shadowman25 Guest

and listen for that beep sequence again , it actually means something , there should be a pattern to it, and we can look up the motherboard manufacturer and see what that code means.

4. BrokenComp

okay ill try that and if im not mistaken its 3 quick beeps at equal intervals. Ill check on those connections. ill try and reply again tomorrow. Takes forever not having a computer at the house gotta make a trip to the public library. (n)

5. BrokenComp

I checked all the connections and then reset my CMOS and that seemed to do the trick. thanks guys!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!