- Aug 4, 2001
how can i turn off the compaq startup screen and interface?
http://groups.google.com/groups?th=d169fd70cc911a4f&rnum=2To stop the Compaq Splash Screen from loading upon startup, perform the
1. Run SYSEDIT as described above.
2. Click on the bar that says 'C:\Config.sys' to bring it to the front.
3. Locate the line that reads 'DEVICE=C:\Compaq\Support\dfilter.sys'.
4. Insert a remark command in front of this line so that it reads:
5. Click on FILE, then SAVE. Then, click on FILE, then EXIT.
Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.
If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.
Join over 807,865 other people just like you!