1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

compact flash cards

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by jehphotos, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jehphotos

jehphotos Thread Starter

Sirs,
    I have just purchased a Konica Minolta Dimage A2 digital camera. I am shoot ing TIF, so I purchased a 512 compact flash card, which produces 20 pictures, versus 10 on the 256 card. My problem is that when I go to download the card to my computer (using '98) it produces some strange symbols and I cannot download my pictures. Is the Dimage A2 not compatible with the 512 cards, or if that's not the case, is there some other problem?
    Joyce

2. kath100

kath100

Hello Jehphotos, welcome to TSG.
    Try formatting the 512 card using the format controls on your camera. Do not format using the computer. See if it cures your problem.
    :)

3. jehphotos

jehphotos Thread Starter

Kath
    I appreciate your suggestion, however, I had formatted the card, as I always do, in my camera. That is not the problem.
    Thanks anyway,
    Joyce

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The Dimage will accept CF cards up to 4 GB in size, so your 0.5 GB should be fine.

You have not stated the most fundamental and critical bit though, can you view the photos on the camera?
    If the answer is yes, then plainly the camera and memory is fine.
    If not then the card or camera may be faulty.

If you can view the photos on the Camera OK, then there is a problem in the interface to the PC. Really you need to try another PC if possible to eliminate the Camera and cable interface.

The specs for the camera - PC are:

* IBM PC / AT compatible computers with preinstalled Windows XP, Windows Me, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows 98*, or Windows 98 Second Edition* and with a built-in USB port as standard interface.

*Users of Windows 98 and Windows 98 SE must install dedicated driver software supplied with the product.

* Computers and operating systems must be guaranteed by their manufacturers to support a USB interface.

* Problems may be encountered depending on what additional USB devices are being used in parallel with this product.

* Only a built-in USB port is supported. Problems may be encountered when the camera is connected to a USB hub.

* Normal operation may not occur, even if all the system requirements are met.

Got to love the last one...

There could be a problem with USB in Windows 98, on your hardware and version of Windows. 98 was touch and go with USB, its a bit old now. Assume that you have loaded all the drivers?

Many problems disappear when a Card Reader is used. I never rely on camera supplied software, always use a card reader.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269413

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice