1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compaq C3-1000

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bexy500, Jan 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bexy500

Bexy500 Thread Starter

When I recently installed a new black cartridge in my C3-1000 and I was going through the routine questions "New Black?, Right Black?,etc.", it went into a "Printer Error 0". I immediately unplugged the power supply cord, just as the product manual says to do, and re-plugged it in, to clear the error, but it didn't clear it.
    I went and bought another new cartridge, and installed it, thinking I might have gotten a bad cartridge, but the error is still there. I also tried unplugging the USB cable and following some simple steps that a tech told me to try, but that didn't work either.
    My next attempt to fix it was uninstalling the printer program and re-installing it, but that didn't work either. When I called COMPAQ, and tried to get some information to fix it, they told me that because my all in one is 6 months out of warranty, they couldn't help me and told me to buy a new one. Excuse me? I gave over $300 for it less than 2 years ago, I don't think it's supposed to give out this soon. Has anyone got ANY ideas as to how I can clear this error? I need to add that it doesn't even recognize that I have a new cartridge installed on the cartridge status window of the print program. I've also cleaned the printer head. Now I am at a loss as to what to do, and I desperately need my printer for the oil painting class that i teach. HELP!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116072

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice