Compaq cpu fan error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

andr

I have a Compaq Presario cq5236 pc. Recently it began showing a cpu fan error and shuts down.
The fan was spinning but I replaced it anyway, same problem.
I cannot disable the cpu fan monitor as the bios doesn't include this option. HP website says bios is up to date following a "support assistant" scan - no option to flash bios/download a copy.
I have also cleared the cmos.
Anyone any ideas??

The original Compaq fan probably was a 3 or 4 pin fan (extra sensor wire).

With being able to monitor RPM, the motherboard thinks the fan isn't spinning at all and throws up this warning.
If there's no BIOS settings to bypass fan warnings, you may need a fan with the extra sensor wire.

andr

The original Compaq fan probably was a 3 or 4 pin fan (extra sensor wire).

With being able to monitor RPM, the motherboard thinks the fan isn't spinning at all and throws up this warning.
If there's no BIOS settings to bypass fan warnings, you may need a fan with the extra sensor wire.
The fan I got has the same number of wires as original.Both work, bios just doesn't register the fact.
Andr

Not all extra fan wires are sensor. Some run to the thermistor present on some fans.

Can you upload pics of both fans?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online