compaq cursor freezing..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Its a compaq presario 5000, say i click on something on a website, it will sit there a minute, then the cursor will freeze up for about 5 seconds, then it will unfreeze and the 2 little modems communicating with eacother icon at the bottom of the system tray will start lighting up and then the page will finally come up, its almost like the modem is locking the thing up till it decides what its going to do..lol.. ive tried reloading windows and reloading the modem driver..there is no spyware or anything..hope im explaining this right, almost like say you are asking me a question (clicking an icon on a website) then i close my eyes and dont do anything for 5 seconds like im dead, then all the sudden it unfreezes and does what its supposed to..

hmm maybe some more info OS and browser.Maybe give firefox a try can't hurt(you may like it).LOL used to have a 5bw137(5000 series compaq) was a great learning tool :)

its a 5wv260 with windows ME, what do you mean it was a great learning tool??

It was my first Pc,if you don't count my commadore 64 :).So I gutted it upgraded it, did all I could do with it except upgrade the cpu. Didn't think it was cost effective.You forgot to mention the browser you were using and if you have tried firefox.I highly recommend it.

got a stick of 128mb on the way to add to the 64, hope it helps some..?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online