compaq display card help needed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

I have a compaq presario 5000, I am having these shaded lines accross the monitor where any words and sentences are, i can still read everything fine because its not solid lines but slightly shaded, i tried another monitor and that wasnt it, tried clearing the hard drive and reloading the OS with the factory restore cd and that didnt fix it, so im thinking its the video card??? question numer 1., is there a troubleshooting program i can download that will scan the machine and find the problem? question 2., if its the video card, i will get one from e-bay, what will work in this thing? It has a nividia vanta LT right now, but i dont know the model# of it, i found this one on e-bay, will it work?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=40161&item=5213947135&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online