Compaq DVD driver

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bronyaur

Folks

I have recently installed a DVD drive into my old Compaq Armada 1750 laptop and desperately need the correct driver for it. It isn't even being picked up as a CD-Rom in the unit so I can't do much until I install the correct driver.

The drive is a UJDA510 and is manufactured by Matsushita. This is a authentic drive for the Armada as it has a Compaq spare number on it (316295-001).

I have tried to locate this driver everywhere but with no success.

Can anyone please help?

Thanx.

You may have another problem as windows should have been able to auto install a driver for it. Does it show up in the bios? Did you make sure the bios was set to auto-detect it?

Triple6

First Name
Rob
The only driver you should need is included in Windows, no other driver is required. You will need DVD software once the drive is detected to play DVD movies.

Are you sure that the laptop and DVD drive are compatible? There are many Armada's. Also are you sure this drive works?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online