Compaq Evo N600c battery connection problems...I think

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DruX

Well, A few days ago I got out my Compaq Evo N600c laptop which I had not used in about 3 weeks and charged it. After the charge, it would not turn on.

When I plug in the cord, the orange charging light will come on, but that does not mean it is charging. The first time I tried to charge it, the orange light never went off. I removed the battery and pressed the charge level button and found that the computer was not charging the battery and the orange light remained on.

I decided to start the computer and use it for a while (on AC power), then shut it down.

I attempted to again charge the battery and this time (and every time since then) it will now charge.

Unfortunately, The computer will still not run on the battery. After removing the battery, cleaning the connections with bottled air, and "slamming" the battery back in, it finally started and ran properly.

I thought I had fixed the problem, but once I turned off the laptop the situation returned to the way it was.

So I fiddled with it, and I think there is a battery connection problem, but I want everyone's opinion. The battery was in perfect condition the last time I used it, so there can't be anything wrong with it. I read somewhere maybe to do with a dead CMOS battery?

-DruX
(Sorry for the long post)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online