Compaq laptop failure

nichosi

Hi,

My old Compaq laptop cannot start after various attempts, where my MS W8Pro DVD was asked for to be inserted in the drive and it was found this is missing or corrupted from my MS W8 Pro 64-bit DVD :- "windows\system32\driversmsisadrv.sys," Error Code : 0xc000007d.

Would it be possible to find & add it to the DVD?, or ask MS to replace the DVD?

Last edited:

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What is the exact serial number(S/N) and product number(P/N) and model number(M/N) of your Compaq laptop?

How and where exactly did you obtain your Windows 8 Pro 64-bit disc?

-------------------------------------------------

nichosi

Thanx,
PRODUCT=PRESARIO
Model#: CQ61 -222SA
P/N: NZ906EA#ABU
SN.CNF9260V 10

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
PRODUCT=PRESARIO
Model#: CQ61 -222SA
P/N: NZ906EA#ABU
SN.CNF9260V10
You answered my first question in post #2, but you did not answer my second question.
Please answer my second question.

The Compaq Presario CQ61-222SA (NZ906EA) laptop is a very old model which originally came with Windows Vista Home Basic or Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit.
If you're trying to install Windows 8 Pro 64-bit in it, you're fighting a losing battle.

-------------------------------------------------

nichosi

Not fighting, when I bought 30 years or so ago used, I bought the W8 disk & installed it it worked OK for what I needed it as a second to a desktop until recently when for some reason it failed. I was trying to revive it when I got the error.

are you able please to answer my question? I simply would like to revive it. Thanx.

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
30 years ago computers were running MS-DOS. The first Windows edition came out in 1985. Win8 has only been around for 9 years ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online