Compaq laptop keyboard

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bubbaweston007

In my hands I hold a Compaq cq60 laptop with windows vista.The problem is everything starts up fine but after you type in the password and the windows starts up, no more keyboard use. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have an external keyboard you could connect and see if it works?
vicks

bubbaweston007

I do have a external keyboard but this laptop doesnt have a jack for it.I dont have a usb keyboard.

I tried to find your computer on the HP/Compaq site, and that number isn't valid.. Please post the model number and name of the computer (ie Pavillion etc).
Are you sure that behind a cover on the side or ends there isn't a connection for an external keyboard?
vicks

bubbaweston007

HSTNN-W52C I think is the model# and3cg9058bwo is the serial... Theres no cover to take off and I dont see any jack for any keyboards

The only thing I found for HSTNN-W52C was references to power supply and USB stuff.
The 3cg9058bwo came up with nothing.
putting the cq60 here is what came up:
Product search results

Software & driver downloads
» Support & Drivers

Results for "cq60"

More than 300 products contain the term "cq60".
Please search for your product again using the text box to the right, following the suggestions below.

Include both the product name and number in your search.
» How to find my product name/number

Examples: • Inkjet 6122
• Pavilion 2300
• Proliant BL 20p

Search using the product's SKU number if it is available to you.

Examples: • C4224A
• PW524AA

Try going into. www.hp.com. They make the compaq. I am unable to find out anything for you so far.
vicks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online