1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compaq Laptop Monitor goes dead ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vaishali, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaishali

Vaishali Thread Starter

Jul 23, 2011
    I own a Compaq Evo 1020 laptop. I bought it in 2003. I am out of job and cant afford to replace it at the moment. I just got myself a new battery and new hard disc for it.
    It was working fine until few days ago when I observed that each time I move the laptop and the monitor shakes with the movement, the display goes black and vanishes.
    I have observed that the problem happens both when on battery and also when being charged.
    Could it be that the laptop screen has a loose connection to the graphics card ? If yes, how do I fix it?
    What else could be a cause? Please help.
  2. thedancingman432

Jul 12, 2010
    Well, sounds like the connection to the monitor is bad. To fix this you need to open up your laptop, follow the wire leads from the monitor to the GPU, and make sure the connection is solid.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1008801