1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

compaq lte 5300 notebook

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dplyno2154, Feb 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dplyno2154

dplyno2154 Thread Starter

My wifes compaq lte 5300 has a swapable cd and floppy. I forget how to release the cd so i can insert the floppy drive. I didn't want to force it too much to get it out and cause me more problems. I have done it in the past when we first got it but for the life of me I can't do it now Help!

Also if I uninstall windows 98 on this machine will it still run windows 95 the original system it came with???

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Should be a little slide latch on the side or bottom of the drive, I believe.

And the only way to uninstall 98 is if it was an upgrade over 95 and you chose to have the uninstall option.....look in add/remove programs to see if uninstall 98 is a choice.

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Email from poster:This is the message:

Thanks very much for you help that did the trick for swapping drives Windows 98 was an upgrade but I'm a little nervous about the uninstall. I usually cause more problems. Thanks again. Dan

All I can say Dan, if it's running ok.......leave well enough alone ;)

4. meboo

meboo

Hello everyone,
    I have an old laptop Compaq LTE 5300.
    My OS is Windows 98 second edition and for the experts, no I did not upgrade from 95 I bought it with Win 98 already installed on it. My problem is simple when I try to boot up with my win 98 startup disk and choose to start up with the cd rom, I keep getting a message saying that no cd rom was found. Obviously it won't find the cd rom since I have the floppy inserted as my multibay.... How do I I get my cd rom working so I can install my windows???? ok ! This is where I need all the help from the experts to come up with the brainstorms!!!
    Pkease help it's urgent

5. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119103

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice